AWANE Examines Mileage Traveled in 2014 NFL Season
At AWANE, we usually like to provide our members who work in the automotive, roads, and fuels industry with the best employee benefits, the best health insurance plans for small businesses, and the most up-to-date reporting on legislative news, industry trends, and workplace safety best practices.
But for the purpose of this post, we’re going to step outside our normal role as a thought leader in the automotive, roads, and fuels industry and instead step onto the football field to bring you some fun facts about the NFL—specifically, the miles to be logged and fuel to be consumed for the 2014 season!
Check out the astonishing statistics below to learn more about the itinerary of NFL professionals, and what it might be like to walk (or fly, bus ride, or drive) a mile (or 36,000) in their shoes (or cleats):
Judging by the numbers, some might argue that thousands of miles of travel could wear a team down, negatively impacting their season. But despite the thousands of miles these pros have to travel this year, distance appears to have little to no affect on a team’s actual performance—as determined from results in years past:
- In 2013, the San Francisco 49ers traveled the most miles of any team and still reached the NFC title game.
- The 5 teams that traveled the farthest in 2013 — 49ers, Chargers, Raiders, Seahawks and Cardinals — combined to finish with a 48-32 record.
- The 5 teams that traveled the fewest miles last season — Lions, Bears, Packers, Browns and Jets — combined to finish 35-44-1.
- 39.8% winning percentage — Teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for an away game.
- 40.3% winning percentage — Teams that traveled 1,000-1,999 miles for an away game.
- 43% winning percentage — Teams that traveled 999 miles or less to an away game
The Extra Point
At AWANE, we recognize that long trips and high mileage can have a serious impact on the performance of not only our members, but their vehicles as well. While we’re not necessarily playing football against some of the most elite athletes in the world, we are constantly on the lookout for our members and their employees. That’s why we offer a host of different programs and products designed to add protection, value, and efficiency into their daily business lives.
Our blog is also filled with valuable educational resources, as is our AICC worker’s compensation coverage program. We also offer a variety of Health & Wellness Safety Tips to help you and your employees stay safe and productive in the workplace.
(Credit to CBS Sports and NFL for supplying all of the information to help make this post possible).