The impact of dental care on overall health is undeniable, so small businesses looking to cut down on healthcare costs are wise to seek out affordable dental insurance plans for their employees.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is making significant changes in the realm of medical insurance, but while it does offer expanded coverage for children under the age of 18, it does not offer any additional dental coverage options for adults.
If you are a small business owner or benefits administrator, here are five things to keep in mind when looking for affordable dental insurance:
- Take a look at the payment options Is it employee reimbursement? HMO, HSA, HDHP or PPO? Do your research and make sure the payment plan makes sense for your business and your employees.
- Check the fine print! Be sure there are no excessively high minimums, deductibles or out-of-pocket costs, and that you have a reasonable choice of providers in your area.
- Benefit from a group plan When looking for small business dental plans, you can benefit from lower rates negotiated by a larger exchange, giving you more affordable dental options than you could find on your own.
- Know the value of great customer service Make sure all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction. You don’t want to get saddled with a provider who isn’t there for you when you need them.
- Ensure coverage for dependents, if needed Not all plans offer coverage for dependents, so make sure you are clear on whether a potential dental plan covers them, and if so, how much.
With a little research and expert industry advice, affordable dental care is indeed achievable for your small business. Our representatives are always available if you have questions about AWANE’s affordable dental plans.